What: A community-wide celebration and effort to grant wishes for local children with life-threatening medical conditions. Walkers of all ages will come together in our nation’s capital and enjoy a day that includes the walk itself and ongoing family-fun festivities including; great music, face painting and balloon art, special guest appearances and other surprises.
Who can walk: Everyone! Children who have received wishes, their families and other enthusiastic Mid-Atlantic supporters such as corporations, clubs, schools, families and friends can all be involved.
How to get involved:
• Sponsor the Walk For Wishes
• Walk and join the fun and festivities on the National Mall! Registration is FREE!
• Recruit others to walk with you and share the power of a wish®
• Pledge your financial support and turn your dollars into wishes! Support your family, friends and co-workers by making an online donation via their personal fundraising Webpage
• Volunteer to be an event committee member or event day volunteer
• Donate in-kind goods and services to help reduce costs
Why: To raise awareness and funds so that Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic can continue to serve local children. The average cost of a wish in the Mid-Atlantic region is $7,500 and last year our chapter granted 385 wishes - but there are many families still waiting for their wish to be fulfilled. We rely on community members like you to help us grant these wishes.
For more information on how to get involved, please visit: www.midatlantic-walkforwishes.org